[AusNOG] Has MelbourneIT been hacked?

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Tue Nov 3 10:29:24 EST 2015

For the last 4 days, I've been getting a flurry of email claiming to be
from TPP Internet to the properly listed email addresses for domain
renewals etc, for a concerning number of domains... several dozen - but
every single one of them is a domain I /AM/ the admin for. (ie, no falses)

The mail appears to be originating from all over the world and not from
TPP (now owned by MelbourneIT) themselves.

Typical mail looks like this: