[AusNOG] Ross Ulbricht (founder Silk Road) gets life without parole

Brayden Hull brayden at brayden.id.au
Sun May 31 13:50:47 EST 2015

It wasn't included in this list of charges however it will be the subject of another case later this year in Maryland. Even if Ross got the minimum, 20 years, they would be stacking on a lot more years thanks to the Maryland trial, if they choose to not have him serve them concurrently.

So basically Ross was screwed either way. Personally I reckon he deserved it though, if you read the prosecution's sentencing submission to it helps put into perspective the real human cost.
http://i.brayden.id.au/gov.uscourts.nysd.422824.256.0.pdf (archive.org has updated their site or something and the old links are dead already, so I've rehosted it)