[AusNOG] Ross Ulbricht (founder Silk Road) gets life without parole

thelionroars thelionroars1337 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 12:09:36 EST 2015

Well most of the negative social effects of drugs comes from them being
illicit. Silk Road was interesting because it was a relatively anonymous
market where vendors competed based on reputation and price rather than
territory or such. It reduces the ability of vendors to reduce competition
by actually murdering each other, so the focus moves to quality and price
of product. It's still possible to con people with bad products, even kill
them (caveat emptor), but the reputation system means that this is going to
be minimised. The hit that he contracted was supposedly to protect his
identity(?). Compare this to the Melbourne gangland killings for example
(let alone freakin' Mexico or Columbia).

For evidence I submit Season 3 of The Wire
<ducks>