[AusNOG] no entries found with apnic

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon May 18 12:00:23 EST 2015

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Ender <ender at hostaway.net.au> wrote:

> % This query was served by the APNIC Whois Service version
> 1.69.1-APNICv1r3 (WHOIS1)

As per my previous email it works for me, however the last line is :

% This query was served by the APNIC Whois Service version 1.69.1-APNICv1r0
(UNDEFINED)

(note the slightly different version), and the IP address I'm hitting (for
both IPv4 and IPv6) is in Fremont, California which I'm guessing isn't the
same one you're hitting from Australia.

whois.apnic.net  -  23.239.6.76  -
nb-23-239-6-76.fremont.nodebalancer.linode.com

I'm sure there some form of irony in the fact that whois.apnic.net is on an
ARIN-assigned IP address...

  Scott