[AusNOG] no entries found with apnic

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun May 17 12:52:55 EST 2015

any aussie IP range, strangely though if I use my box in Frankfurt, it
gets replies, apnics web

interface also responds as well to whois.

the whois is just one part of my debugging, because a LOT of aussie
sites, and only aussie sites, are 450ing as SERVFAIL. I've received an
email from somebody who has told me they see the issue too, and the
common factor has been identified and being looked into already.

On 16/05/2015 17:54, Scott Howard wrote:

> It might help to include what you were actually looking up.
>
> I doubt there's too many mail servers out there that actually query whois.apnic.net [1] when accepting mail. APNIC make the relevant data available via other means for things like anti-spam.
>
> Scott
>
> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
>
>> % [whois.apnic.net [1]]
>> % Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html [2]
>>
>> %ERROR:101: no entries found
>> %
>> % No entries found in source APNIC,CHINANET,IRINN,JPNIC,KRNIC,TWNIC.
>>
>> % This query was served by the APNIC Whois Service version 1.69.1-APNICv1r3 (UNDEFINED)
>>
>> Wondered why mail servers are 450'ing so much mail this afternoon.

Links:
------
[1] http://whois.apnic.net
[2] http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html