[AusNOG] IPv6

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 30 11:41:54 EST 2015

So it sounds like you're going to wait until every system and service you have can support IPv6 before you spend any time on IPv6 at all. Is that the case?

If it is, you're really putting yourself at a disadvantage, as you'll be far behind everybody else.

You don't have to have native IPv6 to the customer to be able to provide IPv6 to them, 6rd (a more managed variant of 6to4) can be used to provide IPv6 access over an IPv4 access link (and was very successfully used by Free in France)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6_rapid_deployment