[AusNOG] And it continues - ISP to block sites bill..

Terry Sweetser terry+AusNOG at skymesh.net.au
Sun Mar 29 19:50:56 EST 2015

Well, we have data retention, foreign pirate site blocking and the three
strikes code on the agenda now.

Yes, we all know this is the political equivalent of nailing jelly to a
tree.

(To put it simply, the establishment is shit scared of the internet and
what it does and what it represents for anyone not in the "ruling elite".)

All of us doing the sysadm and netops will now go and diligently do what
we are required to do, by law.  "Resistance is futile."

We will be doing so, in the full knowledge that it will do very little
to solve the issues at hand.

Your efforts will not be rewarded with political goodwill or good public
opinion, given that the schemes will fail.

Your best best on these 3 cluster fucks is just make sure Brandis,
Abbot, Turnbull, 'big content', ASIO, AGD and the other parties all wear
the *blame* for all that goes wrong.

--

http://about.me/terry.sweetser