[AusNOG] IPv6

James Hodgkinson yaleman at ricetek.net
Fri Mar 27 22:02:28 EST 2015

The irony of that one is that their DNS hosts and MX servers are IPV6 but their website isn’t… lame!

http://ip6.nl/#!twitter.com

James

On 27 March 2015 at 8:39:22 pm, Noel Butler (noel.butler at ausics.net) wrote:

On 27/03/2015 16:15, Karl Auer wrote:

On Fri, 2015-03-27 at 11:42 +1000, Noel Butler wrote:
/ Under Linux, the address selection preferences can be changed using gai.conf(5).
Indeed it can, the last time I did this - 99.9999999999999% of the sites
I went to, well, couldnt get to :)

I suspect you did it wrong then...  :-)

Unless you deliberately blocked IPv4 or something.

Regards, K.

I suspect I did, it was the first time IIRC, that I ever bothered to play with it, so to conduct my test I recall I nuked ipv4, like I will do this weekend, so there is no way ipv4 will be used, I will also drop the ipv4 interface on my VPN in L.A, before I start my weekly  tv catchups, to see what I can access or not on ipv6 - already I know there will be no twitter, have to keep hte tablet handy for that lol :)