[AusNOG] Metadata defined in the bill

Julian De Marchi julian at jdcomputers.com.au
Fri Mar 27 09:18:31 EST 2015

On 26/03/15 22:46, Mark Newton wrote:
> Take a lesson from the AMA: Doctors represent a large collection of tiny businesses, with enough lobbying clout to make the Government undertake backdowns that are so embarrassing that they bring the Prime Minister's job under threat. There is no conceivable way that the Health Minister controls the GP industry; the industry controls the Health Minister.
>
> Why aren't you guys like that?

This is an age-old question. Right?  I tried to no-avail to run a local
chapter of sage-au. But when the masses just don't care, how can you
continue? I can only use sage-au as my example as that's all the
experience I have. When you try hard for a long time and it just doesn't
improve you kind of get burnt out.

This is a problem in our industry and will not change till more people
get involved, while the people who try get burnt out.

sage-au is a perfect platform for such lobbyist actions, despite what
others on this list think(I'm looking at you Noel...). The group covers
networks and systems. If only more people joined that'd have a growing
voice.

So the question is, we have the org that can help, will you support them?