[AusNOG] Metadata defined in the bill

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Thu Mar 26 20:33:50 EST 2015

> Reading the bill it seems the terminology is a problem.
>
> Their use of metadata has nothing to do with what's in the header of an email for example.

(incomprehensible gobbledygook removed)

OK, so the bastards might haul me off... but until I get something from
the ACMA or the AG department telling me in CLEAR TERMS what I need to do,
I'm going to do.....   nothing.

They're also going to need to give me a list of people who are permitted
to request information. I'm not taking the wrap for someone turning up and
demanding information they have no lawful right to request, or be given.