[AusNOG] Data Retention and CGNAT - educational exercise

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Mar 26 10:15:06 EST 2015

It's that 'for every customer that has a IPv6 capable CPE device' that's
the problem.  How many Aussie ISP's are actually doing V6 for customers?  I
have (almost) every service on my network dual-stacked (one shared-hosting
server is yet to be done), and 2% of my total bandwidth volume is v6.
Would be curious to hear what others are seeing :)

Cheers,

DG

On 26 March 2015 at 10:11, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:

> In message <41e778700a994314857ad4504f252419 at cloudcentral.com.au>,
> "Kristoffer Sheather @ C
> loudCentral" writes:
> >
> > IPv6 won't go anywhere until IPv4 doesn't work anymore.  That day is not
> > today despite the numerous arguments and flames I expect to receive
> > subsequent to this message.
> >
> >   Regards,
> > Kristoffer Sheather
>
> If you turn on IPv6 +50% of your traffic will shift to IPv6 immediately
> for every customer that has a IPv6 capable CPE device.  This is
> *not* IPv6 going nowhere.
>
> The content providers are going IPv6-only internally translating
> IPv4 to IPv6.
>
> If you ship CPE router make sure they are IPv6 capable.
>
> If you do not ship CPE routers provide a list of IPv6 capable routers
> you are happy with.  IPv6 routers can be got for < $100 AUD.
>
> --
> Mark Andrews, ISC
> PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org

Damien Gardner Jnr