[AusNOG] Who makes good UPS gear besides APC?

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 20 14:47:23 EST 2015

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015, Chris Gibbs wrote:

> Is anyone considering fuel cells a suitable replacement for UPS?
> I would think that refuelling them would be relatively easy.
>
> I would also imagine, if they are being considered that data centre operators would not let them in the building, let along
> power stuff.
>
> In that case, they maybe more suited to private run smaller server rooms ?

These would still require a UPS, but for small server rooms instead of a
diesel genset you could consider a gas generator, eg:

http://www.engineplace.com.au/index.php/generators/kohler-gas-generators
http://www.elgas.com.au/for-home/lpg-portable-power-generator-home-sale

They can run on LPG or natural gas if you're in a reticulated area.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |