[AusNOG] Who makes good UPS gear besides APC?

Tim Sheahan sheahant at mytelecom.com.au
Thu Mar 19 21:16:20 EST 2015

Good evening folks,

I'm looking for some insight as to who's making good UPS gear besides
APC these days. I've checked the Sepember thread and still have some
questions.

We've been buying APC for a long time and had an extremely disappointing
run.

Two rackmount UPSes, dead before their time. All the desktop units we
bought, dead.

All of them failed to power-off, even when AC was available.

This makes us want to look further afield, and the question in mind is -
what else is good - who's had good experiences with longevity?

I've heard it said a UPS is not forever, and that's fine, however -
should we really have to put up with high rates of all-out failure
rather than degraded battery performance?

I'm looking for units in the 1.3kw to 2kw class, rack mount and desktop.

  - Tim