[AusNOG] Warrant-less Info Requests / Cost Recovery

James Hodgkinson yaleman at ricetek.net
Wed Mar 18 15:24:19 EST 2015

It WILL take much more than 60 seconds to:

verify the requestor’s identity,
the parameters of the request,
do the lookup,
format it appropriately
send it
generate the bill
manage payment receipt, when it inevitably goes wrong
… should I go on?

This doesn’t include the sunk costs of the infrastructure to host it on, and recovering that cost.

Is there mention of penalties for when your $system goes bye bye (fire/flood/hacker/MTBF of hdd’s) and you can’t respond?

James