[AusNOG] Warrant-less Info Requests / Cost Recovery

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Wed Mar 18 13:27:59 EST 2015

Hi Terry,

We are taking the view that this is an exercise that is equivalent of up to 2 hours technical services, and given the costs of verifying and ensuring compliance, our standard cost for a request will be $500 per request.

For greater time periods (e.g. reporting on two years), our charging rate will extend to $15 000 for this service.

More complicated requests (such as access logs from a web server) will also attract higher rates.

I’d encourage everyone to ensure that their costs are reasonable relating to the amount of work - and the opportunity cost associated with complying with this daft legislation.

Andrew

--
Andrew Yager, Managing Director   (MACS Snr CP BCompSc MCP JNCIA-Junos)
Real World Technology Solutions Pty Ltd  - IT people you can trust