[AusNOG] Yay, internet censorship legislation this week too.

Nick Stallman nick at agentpoint.com
Tue Mar 17 21:21:48 EST 2015

You know it is almost the perfect illusion of genuine debate.

One side takes it too far, then the other side says absolutely not!
You'd have to change X, Y, and Z before it becomes a remote possibility.

They change those points and get exactly what they wanted to begin with?
And both sides look like they assessed the situation, debated and
compromised.

On 17/03/15 20:23, Cameron Watt wrote:
> On 17/03/2015 4:25 pm, Robert Hudson wrote:
>>
>> On 17 March 2015 at 16:20, Nick Stallman <nick at agentpoint.com
>> <mailto:nick at agentpoint.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I'm hoping they are stupid enough to make the censorship
>>     mechanism DNS based or similar.
>>     Easiest for them to handle (fewer false positives) and oh so easy
>>     to bypass.
>>

>> I'd much rather see them not introduce or pass stupid laws to start
>> with.  Unfortunately, the former seems to be the form that the
>> current government is in, thankfully so far they haven't been so
>> successful at the latter.
>>
> "Current government"? If you think the opposition are any different I
> don't know why.
>
> It is looking like the opposition are going to waive data retention
> through without even the amendments they were patting themselves on
> the back for (warrants for journos data). There is no reason to think
> this will be significantly different.

Nick Stallman
Agentpoint Pty Ltd
The Real Estate Web Developers
Melbourne | Sydney | Miami
nick at agentpoint.com
www.agentpoint.com.au | www.zooproperty.com | www.ginga.com.au |
www.business2.com.au

Business2.com.au is a real estate agent information website that helps
you understand Portals, Technology and comes with FREE tools to help
your Agency become an online success!