[AusNOG] Yay, internet censorship legislation this week too.

Nick Stallman nick at agentpoint.com
Tue Mar 17 16:20:54 EST 2015

I'm hoping they are stupid enough to make the censorship mechanism DNS
based or similar.
Easiest for them to handle (fewer false positives) and oh so easy to bypass.

Unless they make using offshore DNS servers illegal of course.

On 17/03/15 16:17, Paul Brooks wrote:
> On 17/03/2015 3:53 PM, Mark Newton wrote:
>> Hey, yo!
>>
>> http://www.itnews.com.au/News/401763,brandis-to-introduce-site-blocking-legislation-this-week.aspx
>>
>> You folks must have had loads of practice at teaming up to eviscerate
>> stupid government policies by now, what with all the stuff that’s
>> going on lately.
>>
>> So this one should be an absolute push-over. No probs, right?
> I'm really looking forward to reading the razer-sharp analysis, legal
> and policy arguments in letters to parliament, research papers,
> briefings to journalists and general activism from the
> we're-not-CommsAlliance Alliance industry body that will need to be
> prepared, proofed, agreed and released by tomorrow night.
> I really hope none of you have busy day-jobs, 'cause the next 36-48
> hours should be brutal.
>
> Paul.

Nick Stallman
Agentpoint Pty Ltd
The Real Estate Web Developers
Melbourne | Sydney | Miami
nick at agentpoint.com
www.agentpoint.com.au | www.zooproperty.com | www.ginga.com.au |
www.business2.com.au

Business2.com.au is a real estate agent information website that helps
you understand Portals, Technology and comes with FREE tools to help
your Agency become an online success!