[AusNOG] TPG acquires iiNet [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Anthony Moore Anthony.Moore at bom.gov.au
Fri Mar 13 12:50:42 EST 2015

Hi All,

According to the article in the ABC, http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-13/tpg-to-buy-iinet-in-takeover-deal/6312910 :

-----

Thus the deal will merge two of Australia's largest internet service providers, with over 1.7 million broadband subscribers combined, and will need approval from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to go ahead.

"The ACCC will commence a public review after receiving a submission from the parties," the regulator said in a statement.

"The ACCC reviews mergers and acquisitions which have the potential to raise concerns under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CCA).

"The CCA prohibits acquisitions that would have the effect, or be likely to have the effect, of substantially lessening competition in a market."

-----

Anthony