[AusNOG] Data Retention

Rod Veith rod at rb.net.au
Wed Mar 11 09:25:04 EST 2015

Agree. I've emailed Brandis and Conroy. Sent a different email to my local
member, had a 'Liberal party response' (probably pre-prepared) listing all
the reasons why we need it. Sent back a reply with a list of questions
highlighting the deficiencies of the proposed law. Yet to arrange a meeting.

Not that it will make much difference but I reminded my local member he is
there to represent my views, not those of the Liberal party.

Come on people, what is with all the defeatist attitude being displayed on
the list?   Stop acting like sheep in a slaughterhouse :(

Get off your collective arses and complain. Then keep on complaining till
the bill is voted down!

Rod

Highly unlikely that they all will be.

I've met with my (ALP) MP, who seems convinced that the jury is still out
and there's no party room consensus as yet. So calls and/or meetings with
concerned constituents can still make a difference.

Get in touch with your MP if you haven't already.

    - mark