[AusNOG] Data Retention Metadata Survey

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Mar 10 18:55:38 EST 2015

Mark,
we both know the likely outcome since the parly commitee was bipartisan
in agreement and Shorten has as good as said he will support it if all
the coms changes are implimented.

and running surveys on  this list aint gunna do shit, except allow some
ppl to vent steam (troll), and i'm sure Ausnog aint the place for that :)

On 10/03/15 16:26, Mark Newton wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2015, at 4:17 PM, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
>
>> Hit send a bit too early, I also meant to include, this is rather off
topic for here, its the sort of crap I'd expect on whingepool, not a
alleged professional operators group.

>> The decisions have been made, the results of yet another survey, is
useless

> The decisions have not been made. No legislation has been passed. The
ALP has not yet settled on whether or not they’ll support it.  If they
decide not to support it, it probably won’t pass the Senate.

> Arrange a meeting with your MP, particularly if you’re a small
business ISP who was not consulted by PwC or Comms Alliance.