[AusNOG] Jobs - degree vs experience?

Peter Lawler ausnog at bleeter.id.au
Mon Mar 9 08:50:17 EST 2015

On 09/03/15 08:08, Jason But wrote:

> I doubt any University will offer RPL on an entire degree program. The
> policy at Swinburne (probably the same at all Unis) will be that no more
> than half a degree can be credited with RPL

It may have changed... but here's a tale...

A few years ago after deciding to try and get a degree @ UTas as a
mature student, after sitting through a lecture on MySQL as a front end
to Excel* I made the move to ask for RPL. Was basically told my 25+
years of industry experience didn't mean anything and I'd still have to
sit exams asking me what a variable was.

I ran.

P.

*That's no typo.