[AusNOG] Possibly useful device for data retention?

Jarryd Sullivan Jarryd.Sullivan at area9.com.au
Tue Jun 30 08:45:30 EST 2015

Scott is correct here, Seagate have a small article describing MTBF/AFR which explains a little bit about the process for those interested: http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/174791en?language=en_US

They definitely state that it's not a warranty of any sort nor is it a statement that your drive will make it to anywhere near the publicised MTBF numbers.

Jarryd Sullivan