[AusNOG] Zettagrid Sydney Offline

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 24 12:57:37 EST 2015

      From: James Cunningham <jjazza26 at gmail.com>
 To: "ausnog at lists.ausnog.net" <ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>
 Sent: Wednesday, 24 June 2015, 11:11
 Subject: [AusNOG] Zettagrid Sydney Offline

Hi All,

Does anyone have any information on the massive outage that Zettagrid are having in Sydney at the moment? No answer from their support phone number, and emails are going unanswered.

Apparantly all of their VMs in their Sydney data centre are offline because of hardware failure on their SAN.

http://status.zettagrid.com/
We have about 20 customer servers there, and they are all offline, and our helpdesk can't handle all the screaming customers we have at the moment.

So much for redundancy....

/ Agree, but I don't think you had enough of it either - your single point of failure was your single provider. You might have had a lot of eggs, but they were all in one basket ....
James