[AusNOG] Zettagrid Sydney Offline

Tim Raphael raphael.timothy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:30:23 EST 2015

Good Morning / Afternoon Everyone,

We had an outage this morning affecting 35% of compute customers in our
Sydney availability zone. One cluster of hosts was affected and VMs
required rebooting. No data was lost however with the number of hosts
affected we needed to use a staged reboot.
 The root cause is being investigated however it relates to storage path
affinity and storage controllers in a specific SAN not failing cleanly,
therefore VMs didn't automatically migrating to an alternate storage path.
 At this point in time, all customers VMs should be available, if not,
please contact support at zettagrid.com or call on 1300 597 656.

A Post-Incident Review will be available next week for all customers who
request it by emailing support at zettagrid.com.

As mentioned all updates are posted to our status page:
http://status.zettagrid.com/incidents/fg08ll8yylfw

Regards,

Zettagrid Operations Team