[AusNOG] From the AGD - Data Retention - Starts October 15 2015

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish.com.au
Wed Jun 17 00:58:57 EST 2015

No.

You have to meet ALL of 187A(3) (a), (b), and (c).

(a) means you're service provides communications over wire and/or wireless
(b) you have to be either a carrier (very specific meaning), an ISP
(also clearly outlined), or some other declared service (there are none
at the moment)
(c) you have to own the infrastructure in Australia which provides the
service

None of this is related to IP in any way shape or form.

Justin.