[AusNOG] From the AGD - Data Retention - Starts October 15 2015

Julian De Marchi julian at jdcomputers.com.au
Wed Jun 10 11:45:33 EST 2015

On 10/06/15 11:19, Noel Butler wrote:

> On 10/06/2015 10:50, Julian De Marchi wrote:
>
>> On 10/06/15 10:28, Noel Butler wrote:
>>
>>> Webhosting certainly is included (well, so far as Emails and client info
>>> etc)
>>
>> Webhosting is not included.
> avoid prosecution.

Please update yourself on the act Noel. Below is the definition of an
ISP. If you don't fall into that definition then you _dont_ get caught
up in the data retention regime.

Taken from: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2015C00216/Html/Volume_2

Schedule 5 - Clause 8.

8  Internet service providers

Basic definition

             (1)  For the purposes of this Schedule, if a person
supplies, or proposes to supply, an internet carriage service to the
public, the person is an internet service provider.

Declared internet service providers

             (2)  The Minister may, by legislative instrument, declare
that a specified person who supplies, or proposes to supply, a specified
internet carriage service is an internet service provider for the
purposes of this Schedule. A declaration under this subclause has effect
accordingly.