[AusNOG] From the AGD - Data Retention - Starts October 15 2015

George Fong george at lateralplains.com
Wed Jun 10 11:33:02 EST 2015

Its irrelevant whether the service is free or not, if you fall under the
definition of a carrier/service provider in the Act and you are
providing a relevant service you are required to collect metadata as
defined in the Act.

The team from Internet Australia has since the very beginning submitted
to and presented at the PJCIS and we have in collaboration with the
Comms Alliance been working with the AGD. Unless you have been been
living under a rock, you should also have been aware that we set up a
Special Interest Group for ISPs to deal with the issues. Julian is in
fact the State convener for Queensland.  You're a little late to the
party Noel. By all means contact the AGD directly as many of us have.
But  be aware of that fact that the Comms Alliance and Internet
Australia have spent *significant* time ad effort trying to get this
right. If you want to be a bit more constructive join the ISP SIG list
and contribute there.

Cheers
g.