[AusNOG] Aussie ISP bakes in geo-dodging for Netflix, Hulu

Mike Taylor mtaylor at totalteam.co.nz
Mon Jul 6 13:54:49 EST 2015

I'm annoyed enough about the whole thing to start considering some sort
of class action over here...

Geoblocking via DVD region codes is 'restraint of trade' I think (from a
case back in the 90's), yet XBox still has region locking on DVDs.

I'm wondering if the same kind of logic can be applied to Internet
streaming...

Netflix is pretty good, but Netflix North America is AWESOME...

It seems that consumer choice is all well and good until the consumer
wants to choose something that the RIAA doesn't like :-)

Regards,
Mike