[AusNOG] Crashes all round on Tuesday

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Wed Jul 1 12:33:52 EST 2015

I had several links went down at 10:00 (give or take a few seconds) -
well, not mine so much as my upstream - and it's been blamed on this
issue.

Various claims of lots of fibre links down due to clock errors; that it
was like "grand central station" at the various datacentres with everyone
trying to get stuff back online; that recent patches to various cisco
equipment specifically to mitigate this issue - didn't save 'em; and that
possibly telstra 4G networks are still largely inop in Sydney?

Anyone else experience anything like this? Surprised that a great many of
the recent "widespread" network issues don't seem to make it to mainstream
media - are they becoming complacent? Isn't it "newsworthy" any more? Is
it just too technical for todays society (and saying anything about it
just makes peoples eyes glaze over?)

R.