[AusNOG] Cisco ASR1002-F for Broadband Aggregation

Nathan Brookfield Nathan.Brookfield at simtronic.com.au
Sat Jan 31 13:44:22 EST 2015

Thank you to everyone for your responses.  The consensus is that the 1002-F is great for terminating a few thousand access tails under 2.5G in aggregate bandwidth of course with VRF’s, MPLS, QoS, ACL’s etc that you would expect in a standard deployment.

The information I’ve seen online where people have been told by TAC that the ASR1002 fixed devices are not suitable for broadband appear to be related to earlier code releases and that the newer releases are problem free and quite stable.

I do note these devices are EOL but have TAC until 2017 and software updates until this year, seems like a very viable NPE-G2 replacement.

Enjoy your weekends!