[AusNOG] AWS Direct Connect & Juniper

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:58:14 EST 2015

Check for a firewall filter on the egress of the interface, or a firewall filter applied to lo0.0 that's denying it/dropping it. (firewall family inet, interface unit x family inet filter input/output <x>, etc..)

If the interface is in a VR, you'll need to ping <1.1.1.1> routing-instance <your-VR>; likewise if in a VR, your BGP configuration needs to be in the [routing-instance <vrf> protocols bgp ] stanza.

JunOS "show arp" is always your friend, to see if you can at least L2-ARP for an address on that network. Posting relevant configlets/stanzas may also help.

- Ck.