[AusNOG] iiNet Rep. - PPPoE

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Fri Jan 16 16:57:31 EST 2015

Do ISP's still blacklist MAC addresses after x failed auth attempts?  I
used to find the most common cause of no response to PADI requests was
blocked MAC.  Either changing the MAC of the router, or forcing a port
rebuild (if you have that option via your ISP's portal) usually fixed it.

On 16 January 2015 at 14:30, Brad Gould <bradley at internode.com.au> wrote:

>  End users can not tell if the PADI is actually getting upstream far
> enough for a PADO to be generated and then passed back... so I'd guess
> there is "just" a dataflow problem - "no auth" in helpdesk friendly terms.
>

> You might be over thinking it, and you probably need to engage with
> helpdesk to work through it.
>

> Brad

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust