[AusNOG] Serial over LAN (Serial to IP)

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Jan 8 09:15:24 EST 2015

Indeed. I remember when I first moved into GS (2005ish?), Mobiles and Wifi
were not allowed.  Seems to be fine to use Mobiles and wifi there now
though?

The Telstra DC in Exhibition Street Melbourne - you can't take a bag into
the DC (must take your laptop out and show Wifi and 3g are turned off,
before carrying just the laptop into the DC), and mobiles from pockets must
be left on the guard's desk - then they show you to your rack, unlock it,
and you can use one of the hardline phones around the walls to make calls
if you need to make a phone call.

On 8 January 2015 at 09:09, Thomas Jackson <thomas at thomax.com.au> wrote:

> The DCs that I have dealt with have a clause buried in the terms and
> conditions that no radio equipment (incl WiFi, 3G dongles etc) may be used
> in the datacentre without permission.
>

> That said, I’ve never had problems getting permission when I’ve asked for
> it (for 3G/4G OOB access gear).

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust
rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/