[AusNOG] Serial over LAN (Serial to IP)

Alexander Neilson alexander at neilson.net.nz
Wed Jan 7 19:27:59 EST 2015

I recently worked in the ART facility run by Revera. Maybe it's more lax with frequent accessor but we had to hand over all phones pads laptops etc unless a specific request had been applied for to allow them in (then officially have to be actively monitored)

They are a little more relaxed about it in the operations side it's not hugely relaxed. Every cabinet is locked unless the request allows access into them and the metal frame is too small to slip a serial cable through.

Now I am sure there are loopholes (no invasive body searches and there doesn't seem to be active jamming) it is a tightly controlled place.

Regards

Alexander

Alexander Neilson
Neilson Productions Ltd