[AusNOG] Forcefully Migrating Domain

Jesse Fusarelli jesse at azapp.com.au
Tue Jan 6 11:14:40 EST 2015

Damien has already provided the correct information,

Phone the existing registrar for the form. Contact your client have them
fill in the form, Once the email is updated it's as simple as processing
the transfer. If your client is not the registrant (unless it is the
reseller which is a major pain) you are out of luck because you do not own
the domain name - Legal action against the owner if you have a good claim
is usually easier than going through the AUDA.

TPP Wholesale, Synergy, Netregistry all have in place the forms to
streamline this process.

Domain is most likely through a reseller so just look up on the whois to
see the registrant and register. WAR = Crazy Domains.

Dealt with it many times when clients move over services - it is more
reason you should ensure you are the registrant or just purchase the domain
directly. One common problem I see is people put their domain name email
eg. yourname at domain.com.au on the domain.com.au contact which is annoying
as when you have issues you can't get that email through so an external
email is recommended.

Matthew there is no ID protection on .au domains.

Without any additional information we have provided the best advice
possible - so there is nothing else to add.

Jesse Fusarelli

Azapp IT Support and Solutions