[AusNOG] Forcefully Migrating Domain

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Jan 5 15:06:19 EST 2015

Phone the current registrar, ask them to email you a copy of their
contact-update-by-fax form.  Fill that out with new details, sign it
(you're authorised by the domain owner, right?), fax it back, wait a few
days.  Then you can do an EPP code request on the auda site, it'll go to
the domain owner - then you can transfer it, and the approval email will go
to the domain owner also :)

On 5 January 2015 at 15:00, Bradley Amm <bradleyamm at cloudarific.computer>
wrote:

>  Hey Guys
>

> I have an issue and need some guidance
>

> We have a client. They have a domain hosted by someone else.
>

> I have been trying for about 3 weeks before Christmas to get an A Record
> Changed and MX Records Updated. Not hard. Pretty Simple. I have emailed,
> Called, Emailed Again, Left Messages with their Vodafone Onhold Message
> Service, Called, Left More messages. I even went to the office of said
> company that hosts the domain and no-one was there.
>

> What can I do to migrate the domain away from these amateurs?
>

> If I try to migrate the domain it the transfer email will go the current
> host and I will never see it to get it approved.
>

> I am out of ideas and need someone’s expert advice
>

> Bradley Amm
>

> *Cloudarific*
>
> Lead Cloud Guru
>

> Phone: 08 6166 6666