[AusNOG] Netflix cracking down on geolocation bypassing (VPN, etc)

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Sun Jan 4 19:09:03 EST 2015

On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 01:33:43PM +1100, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Whatever happens, Netflix are going to have to be 'seen' to be trying to do
> something, otherwise they may start to lose content deals... They aren't so
> big that losing Sony or others wouldn't hurt them.

Sony don't need Netflix to help them with Internet distribution, they've got
quite the deal going with PRNK (or belligerent ex-employees, depending on
who you prefer to believe).

- Matt

--
I tend to think of "solution" as just a pretentious term for "thingy".
Doing that word substitution in my head makes IT marketing literature