[AusNOG] Serial over LAN (Serial to IP)

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Sun Jan 4 18:23:52 EST 2015

The Open Gear stuff is about the top of the range out there. In saying
that we use some Raspberry PI's with one of the many multi port USB
serial adapters that are on Ebay.  We found a nice  FTDI based USB to 16
Rack mount USB ports and stacked 2 of them with a Pi. The Pi also gives
a handy spot for network testing emergency pings and what not. You could
even put a 4G modem on it i Guess.   10% of a Open Gear but not as neat.

Matt.