[AusNOG] Favourite USB to serial adapter cable

Phill Proud phill at proud.id.au
Sun Jan 4 17:21:55 EST 2015

No love for FTDI chipset based adapters? I've never had an issue with them
as long as the chip is genuine, works out of the box on Windows (with
updates via Windows update), OS X, Android and likely most *nix distros.
Apologies if some of the commercial names mentioned earlier use FTDI chips.

They also provide you with the software to reprogram the chips
behaviour/pin outs etc (FT_PROG). Very useful!

Phill