[AusNOG] Favourite USB to serial adapter cable

Alexander Neilson alexander at neilson.net.nz
Sun Jan 4 17:09:48 EST 2015

I have a big +1 on this.

I have one per computer in my bags, plus I have one air console unit that follows me in my bags.

The longer cable can also be used with the air console to help reach a further away power supply / better signal location.

Driver built into MacOSX and also works with windows think driver built in here too (yes I have the big mac bite), and linux

I just like it as its direct usb with only a slight bulge (so not great for very tight ports) but it works right through as a single cable at a very good price. (and it ships from their Auckland warehouse so can be very very quick delivery in NZ - and probably AUS)

The chip used inside seems to be a fairly widely used one with very good stability on all OS’s that I know of. (I have never experienced a crash or lockup with it despite use in Mac and Windows and including pulling it out middle of use so seems rock solid to me and I tend to torture things.

Regards
Alexander

Alexander Neilson
Neilson Productions Limited