[AusNOG] Welcome to Metadata Retention

Shaun McGuane shaun at rackcentral.com
Sat Feb 28 09:43:47 EST 2015

Thanks Paul – appreciate the confirmation.

The way I am reading it is that you don’t have to necessary be a registered carrier to be classed
as a service provider. Which means anyone selling web hosting ie – my clients would be required
to comply?

To clear up confusion from PaulC – RackCentral is not a web hosting provider, we sell colocation
and cloud services – we have customers who are web hosting providers and I know that they are
not all informed about what is happening in the industry, which is why I reached out to ask some
questions.

For everyone else let’s not make this a bashing thread, let’s keep it on topic I am sure Mark
did not mean to come across abrupt. He should just take on board that everyone can enter a
discussion at any time and they should not be chastised for it.

Regards
Shaun