[AusNOG] Firewall

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Tue Feb 24 19:58:42 EST 2015

You could potentially install virtual box or other preferred hypervisor on most or all those platforms, then install open source or commercial appliance style OS firewall. The other option is to use budget on hardware such as Mikrotik, not many hundreds of dollars for a CCR1009 or 1100AHx2 makes a pretty cheap hardware appliance firewall, with a myriad of management options including an API if you want to develop a simpler interface for less technical to possibly use.

On 24 February 2015 18:09:04 GMT+11:00, Sam Sarkis-UIP <ssarkis at unitedip.net.au> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I know this is strange but we have a specific requirement for a
>customer.
>
>Does anyone know or recommend a firewall / UTM software that can be
>installed on an existing Windows, Redhat, SuSE, or Centos Server.
>
>We would prefer a commercial package.
>
>We cannot overwrite the existing os and have to work within any of the
>above mentions platforms only.
>
>Kind Regards
>
>Sam

Sent from my Android device with Pigeon.