[AusNOG] "ISPs agree to graduated warnings for pirates"

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Mon Feb 23 13:56:54 EST 2015

> How similar is this to the old issue with recording tv on to VHS/BETA
> wasn't that illegal for so long. The government ruled in the people
> favour.

Did they? Didn't they just slap an extra tax, I mean "levy" on blank media
under the guise of some return to the "content creators" because blank
media were only used to copy original content! (Those of us using them for
things like publishing original content, making backups etc just had to
suck it up, there was no exemption for 'legitimate use'). (Or am I just
remembering it wrong?)

R.