[AusNOG] Cisco GBIC - Mikrotik SFP Fibre Cable Information

Sam Silvester sam.silvester at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:42:44 EST 2015

Daniel,

Really - posting the models here and expecting everybody else to do it for
you isn't that helpful. Did you even read the article I linked you to?

If you're in control of the 6500 / if you are providing the GBIC then go
speak to a company that sell optics (heaps available via a quick Google
search). If you don't control the 6500 - ask your provider what optical
module they are doing...and then Google that for the datasheet which will
tell you everything you need to know about what cable you need.

With regards to the Microtik - again, buy an SFP that's compatible with the
GBIC; optical standards are, well, standard...so once you know what one end
is, you can buy the appropriate optical module for the Mikrotik.

With all due respect, it doesn't sound like you've really done much in the
way of research before posting here.

Cheers,

Sam