[AusNOG] Who are these people nominating for APNIC EC?

Martin Visser martinvisser99 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:54:05 EST 2015

Skeeve,

Is that a reflection of the candidates or maybe the reach and relevance of
the networking networks? I work with a large enterprise network integrator
(HP) that works with lots of the biggest government, corporate and telcos
in Australia. And funnily enough despite working with a lot of lead
architects, engineers and some CTOs for those organisations, almost none of
them appear here at AusNOG nor do I seem them making a name for themselves
out there on other social networks. I guess they are all quiet achievers
excepts for us extroverts who like the sound of voice ;-) (And I am
included myself in this)

But I do agree that it is probably hard for board or council candidates to
demonstrate community consultation if they don't appear to part of the
community. I guess the community is really a large ocean, and it is easy to
be a fish in just a few ponds.

Regards, Martin

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99 at gmail.com