[AusNOG] IP Blocks

Tim Jones tim at iseek.com.au
Tue Feb 17 12:41:16 EST 2015

I thought the multi-homing requirement only applied if you were applying specifically via the small multi-homing delegation policy?

Historically this was an issue when you only needed a /24 for multi-homing, but you didn’t meet the requirements for a full allocation when the minimum initial allocation size was a /21 or so.

The criteria for an initial LIR delegation don’t seem to mention multi-homing:

3.1.    Criteria for initial LIR delegation
To be eligible, an LIR must:

  *   Have used a /24 from their upstream provider or demonstrate an immediate need for a /24,
  *   Have complied with applicable policies in managing all address space previously delegated to it (including historical delegations), and
  *   Demonstrate a detailed plan for use of a /23 within a year
http://www.apnic.net/policy/add-manage-policy#initial

Cheers,
Tim

Tim Jones