[AusNOG] wifi phone calls

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Tue Feb 17 11:00:09 EST 2015

They are rolling out a thousand hotspots as attachment to public phone booths.  I have a couple in my immediate neighbourhood.  If you are a Telstra customer you can use their public wifi.

Smart idea as it'll take a bunch of load off the mobile data network.  Getting backhaul from the phone booth shouldn't be a problem for them :)   The ones I've seen have been in popular restaurant strips etc so there should be a reasonable density of people to service.

Thanks

David