[AusNOG] FetchTV + Netflix

Ross Annetts ross.annetts at digitalpacific.com.au
Mon Feb 16 13:53:58 EST 2015

Hopefully ISP's start supporting more than one fetchtv box per
connection. Looked into this with Optus recently and the only option to
get an additional fetchtv box was to have one through Optus (packaged
and unmetered) and another one with subscription direct with fetchtv
(additional monthly fee and metered).

Regards,
Ross

On 16/02/2015 12:55 pm, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> This is an interesting move... a smart one by FetchTV...
>
> http://www.fetchtv.com.au/press-release/Coming-soon-to-Fetch-TV-Netflix
>
> It just really makes them a conduit and give a good platform for the
> screen integration without needing another dongle... but I'm going to
> guess that users still sign up directly with Netflix as opposed
> through a 'broker'?  It would be smoother to have it packaged... and
> simple, since they have one offering.
>
> I wonder if Presto/Stan will do the same, or fight.
>
> I also think it will change the SVOD network metrics for FetchTV in a
> rather large way with a crapload more Unicast traffic.
>
> Thoughts?
>

> ...Skeeve
>

> --
>
> Skeeve Stevens - The ISP Guy