[AusNOG] Revised Moore's Chart for Telecoms?

Darren Ward (darrward) darrward at cisco.com
Mon Feb 16 09:35:34 EST 2015

Hi All

Splitting it off from the *stopped* thread

I'm genuinely interested in trying to get my hands on an updated Moore's chart and data on Telecom's bandwidth that updated to end 2014 at least...

There's so many changes happening right now as I mentioned with 250G and 400G out in anger from multiple vendors at one maturity or another and the 1Tbps has been in preproduction in labs for a year that I know of (there was a Heavy Reading report on two and I have handled one of them myself!)

Then there's the 2.5G over copper that's happening mostly for the Enterprise and WiFi purposes

Which doesn't take the (x)DSL improvements into account

So I remember a good chart that split out improvements in technology for each 'media' type (wdm/fibre/copper/utp etc) against the increase in demand in that Moore's Law type chart which is easy for non-tech to consume  [ ;) ]

Was hoping someone might know of an updated chart or had a good link that might put together the more recent evolutions?

Darren