[AusNOG] On Old Hands and Young Uns

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Sun Feb 15 11:16:15 EST 2015

I was quite surprised, while tinkering in the garage yesterday, to find the
AM7910PC FSK chip from my original hand-built 300-baud modem!  (And the
associated array of Z80's, 8255's, Z8420's, Z8440's, etc).  Still had the
jumper soldered to the chip for Bell 103 originator loopback - last time I
used it, the closest BBS was two calling zones away at STD rates ;)  (Ahh,
remember the $3 all night call cap back in the 90's? They were great!)

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust
rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/
 We ran to the sounds of thunder.